Normal room temperature
Our purpose is to help you move freely, fluidly & efficiently.
Sports Yoga trains flexibility, fascia and functional movement in athletes. It keeps them moving freely and efficiently.
YFA is whole-body flexibility, functional movement and core training. Sports Yoga has been developed by Sarah Ramsden, specifically from her 9 years’ experience of working full-time in elite football, including 7 seasons to date with MUFC and MCFC. Michelle graduated in 2016 after attending Sarah’s 6 month course.
‘It isn’t about doing a bit of generic ‘Yoga’ or ‘Pilates’. It’s about understanding the demands the sport makes on the athlete.’
How Players And Athletes Benefit.
· Staying supple and sharp. Increasing range, suppleness and freedom of movement. Decreasing muscular / fascial tension.
· Core strength and switch on. Improving stamina and functional strength through precise core training.
· Reducing injuries related to muscular over-use / restricted joint movement / core weakness.
· Extending careers by avoiding stiffness and loss of sharpness, just like Ryan Giggs.
· Creating positive training habits in younger players so they stay supple and actively engage in ‘looking after’ their bodies.
How It Works
· Sport specific training of range, fascial re-patterning and low load core stability. Working with both groups and individuals to help athletes and players keep supple and flexible (within normal ROM limits), combined with low load inner-system stability to provide control of movement.
· Training can be based on functional movement relevant to football to keep players supple, moving more freely and more efficiently.
· Training is designed around straightforward ROM and core screening. Players and athletes can understand what needs to change, why, and how they progress.
Football Specific Approach
· This approach has been developed based on Sarah’s nine years working with elite footballers / top teams to address the adaptations created by playing football.
· Players will describe the training as ‘Yoga’ but we are not conventional Yoga or Pilates teachers. The primary aim is to train ROM and stability relevant and appropriate to football. This means a more intelligent football-centered approach drawing on elements from Yoga, Pilates, fascial and neural retaining, sports science / anatomy training as appropriate to each group or player.
· Specific expertise has been developed to work with common Football related issues – with the experience to work with players at end-stage rehab.
· Sessions are adapted for each club, group and player as no two clubs, groups or players are the same.
Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do